Thursday, November 9, 2017

tiny bones in the rocks

When I was much younger I was lucky enough to see Don Ho in Honolulu in his Waikiki stage show. His favorite song was 'tiny bubbles'
(Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
In the wine (in the wine)
Make me happy (make me happy)
Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)...

When I see tiny things I often think of this song. Anyway, not all the bones I find in these 'Bernie Blocks' are large - some are very tiny. I have recently prepared 3 small bones, which may or may not belong to thalattosaurs. I've blown them up quiet large, as they are each less than one inch long. The top center one may be a worn neural arch, and the left one is definitely a limb bone or digit. The one on the right is a complete mystery - I suspect it may be an amphibian bone of some type. It is very thin, most of it is less than 1 mm thick, so it was 'difficult' to prepare, to say the least. However it's nice that it's finished. Maybe the guys in Alaska can figure out what they are. 
Sincerely, Greg Carr




No comments:

Post a Comment